Stealth re-chip - can I use any petrol with this (i.e 97-99 ron)?

Hi

Just got car back from Stealth after a re-chip and it has really made a difference to the drivability of the car...torque is available straight away. My question is when Stealth did the re-chip I had it full up with Tesco's 99 ron fuel... does this mean it was remapped/rechipped just for this 99 ron fuel or will Stealth have given it allowances so I can use at least a lower ron fuel... like 97 or 98?

Had no choice but to fill it up on 97 ron fuel on the way home.

Thanks for any info. I will confirm with Vince tomorrow about this.

Cheers

Matt

ps. If any of you are with Elephant insurance you'll have to change as they don't insure cars with any kind of computer chips. I'm changing in July when mine expires.

ps. If any of you are with Elephant insurance you'll have to change as they don't insure cars with any kind of computer chips. I'm changing in July when mine expires.

That'll mean you don't have valid car insurance until July then. I do hope you're not planning on driving your car on public roads until then?

All modern cars have chips though - I dont know if mines been chipped or not but to be running 214bhp I would guess it has but i dont know for sure & Im not taking the car apart to look!

214bhp??

I see you've been using the same magical BS rollers as Eat This then!!!

could you post the plots' date='cause i thort that the 6 branch gave around 10bhp and the same in touqe,and you got minus 3bhp and plus 10lb/f around 14nm,or are the the plots from 2 diff. rollers???

[/quote']

Hi mate... same rr at Stealth. My bhp may have been up around the 200 or even 205 bhp mark without the remap but my car was suffering from pinking so the remap had to get that sorted... which has probably reduced the bhp. And my car was running lean too... the remap sorted this. Although I have less top end power than I would have liked with the remap there is more bhp and torque far lower down now than on my previous rr.

I'll probably get round to fitting my cold air feed at some point.

And re insurance I'm changing to HIC as I've heard they actually insure the mods and replace the mods... elephant don't do this. Anyone else on here recommend HIC...are they good and do they allow chips/remaps/cams and even superchargers etc etc? What is their contact number or website please?

Cheers guys for your replies.

Sorry Rix mate I don't have a scanner. If you ever visit Stealth ask to look up the latest dyno for the number plate beginning p505. It's nothing impressive though as already mentioned at 192bhp and 193 lb/ft. Really waiting for some shrick 268 cams to hopefully get my power over 200. NS Racing may be a port of call too for a 2nd hand ZR2 :)