[moved] De-cat?

I am thinkin about taking cat out of my vr6, I have a mate that does MOTs so I wont need to put it back in. I am wondering if it is worth doing and if there is any differance between byin one or getting one of my mate to rob a stainless tube the same size from his work?? any advice would really help. !lol

Having a mate that is willing to just "Give" you an MOT certificate without adhearing to he rules probably has more far reachiong consequences than you realize !

At a worst case if he gets found out the garage itself could be shut down and licences removed !

I just had my MOT and I even had to add sticky reflectors to the back end to get it through as my rear lenses have no reflectors in them.....

I am not sure if falsifying an MOT also now carries a prison term?

It may seem something small but they are really cracking down on this sort of thing.

As for actually doing it, Just a peice of tubing to fill the gap left by the absent cat should do the job as well as anything. I don't see the point in buying anything special for the job. A High Flow cat will set you back about £300 so this is the best option if you really want to do it. ;-)

He doesn't just give you an MOT but I to have rear lenses and mine past with out reflectors, and one of my mates P1 past with out cat. It does help that I am on a small island with only one MOT place and everyone is after the easy life. There isn't even a place on the island that can pass trucks so they only have to go through a check list.

Earwig-VR6 is correct, One of the items on the MOT is to check for "completeness" of the exhaust system. If the cat is not present it's a fail, even if the emissions are OK without it.

Thread moved to the "Mechanical & Tuning" section.