Tailgate brake light

JUst had a thought. My '97 VR has no tailgate brake light. Is this normal or should I be suspicious that the car has some hidden history ?

I don't really care if it's there or not - but I'd like to know just to be sure about the pedigree.

there are two , one with a brake light (inset into the spoiler) and one that is attached to the tailgate glass, the latter being the most common. Old VR6's like mine didn't have one (was an optional extra), which i have :) but i'd have thought a 97 would have had the stuck on type???? But as said perhaps some came without, most 'R' reg Vrs i've seen have them !!

Well that all sounds good to me. Even if mine did have one at some point then it was probably part of the tailgate glass, which may have been replaced at some point I suppose. The old fella that had the car before us tended to fix things as cheaply as possible - one tire at a time, one shock at a time...

Still, I'd prefer to think of it as never having one. I know highlines are supposed to be 'loaded' but this brake light presumably isn't part of the package in all cases!