Chipping my Vr for the 2nd Time!!!! HELP

Hi,

I will (hopefully) have my car finished by this Sat, i chipped it once when i had just a stainless exhaust, now i have had other mods , 3.0 conversion etc i have been told i need it chipping again, i am $&@% off , this is because i will probably have too lean a fuel mixture so i have been told. Is there any way around it , ie a rolling road tune or one of those add on fuel pressure regulator jobbys?? ~:(

If you plan on numerous mods, you're better off with a reprogrammable piggy-back chip, otherwise the standard chips used for rechips are only writeable once unfortunately. The MAF sensor won't be able to adapt to the extra air the 3.0 is pulling in and the preset fuelling at WOT won't be rich enough either.

What ECU map are you running? 2.9?

its not something you can theorise about on a forum thread really - you really need it checking and mapping if necessary, on a RR.

You could say that for the extra air its pulling in (~150cc?), its still within a safe margin of being so lean that it melts the pistons or causes bad knock. But you dont know till you get your wallet out and stick it on a RR and get a fuel curve.

Personally, I reckon the ECU will cope with it during closed loop, but for WOT, you'll need to have upped the fuel pressure a bit just in case. 5.0bar might be too rich for the extra ~150cc added - but you jsut dont know, so if you want to be safe in the meantime, 5.0 seems like a good number....

All theory..... get it mapped!

Jules

My bird has just said for me to stop being such a tight arse and get it remapped, she said what is the point in spending thousands on an engine and being a tight arse when it comes to chipping it , so I HAVE BEEN TOLD!!! I'm definitely gonna get it remapped with a reprogrammable chip,

cheers