Who here has a deep front spoiler with a 35mm drop... does it scrape on speed bumps?

My Votex lightly scrapes on some bumps and ramps etc but it all depends on how big the speed bumps are cos they differ, some I dont touch at all. If you bought coil overs you could raise it and lower as much as you like til you get to a height your happy with. A 35mm drop isnt the biggest drop in the world so as long as your careful you'll be fine. I have more than a 35mm drop on the front.

35mm? Don't be such a big girl!

lol...

MrBen what drop do you have in your signature? Nice car. I like the morette style lights. How much were they and where did you get them?

I'm on coilies so difficult to say, but I reckon it's around 45-50mm down at the front - not really that low.

I don't have any morette style lights, but the Hella twins in my sig have been on mine since 1997, when the original owner paid £251.90 for them from VW!! You can get them all over the place - usually some 2nd hand on ebay for £70 upwards or new from GSF type places from around £140ish.

Cheers Stockers. Nice car...That looks exactly the same colour as mine...sort of a metallic blue in most light with a very faint tint of purple. Do you have a side on view please?

Front deep splitter does look low even with that drop...but i think the deep splitter makes the vr look much more aggressive than the thin later model one I have so should be worth the odd light scrape here and there... :P

Cheers

You shouldn't have too much hassle mate with that drop, there's a fair few cars on here that run a LOT lower than 35mm, with a deep spoiler and no problems.

I'm guessing mines lower than 35mm (no idea I just keep winding them down!) and I too have a deep spoiler fitted. Its been like this for a few years and the worse thats happened is the spoiler has unclipped its self a few times and got a few grazes!

109739283.jpg

109739272.jpg

105141252.jpg

Hope that helps,

Simon.

My SWG bumper scrapes ALL Fking bumps and most slops !sad

Been resprayed 3 times !dodge

So I go over the speed bump on one side to give me elevation !shy

vrfront.jpg

Even got a ferking fox stuck in the front once x)

Were'nt nice either picking the hair out of the mesh !ill