You have to be carful with kits. Firstly, as mentioned they wont fit a RHD car properly without alot of grief.

Secondly, they are not big power. Most of them dont even include a spacer to drop fuelling. theres no extra fuelling in there, no way of adjusting for boost in the ecu, and uses standard ecu code.

I'm not saying there crap, but they are alot of money for something that wont fit properly and wont give you big power. You'll be looking at around 250+

http://www.vr6oc.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?100620 That might be of interest.

For big power you'll need to sort alot more than a bolt on kit. However it can be done for less than the cost of a 250bhp kit!

Tom.

so do you think that a supercharger is just as good kit then ?????

I've been looking into this alot lately, I think they both have good and bad points.

Supercharger is more progressive, and it seems thsat in the UK people have more experience with them when it comes to mapping.

The turbo offers more power per ££, yet has some fitting issues, and very few people in the UK want to really get involved.

In the US, turbocharging is the preferred route to big power on a VR6 and there are several tried-and-tested kits available, with power outputs ranging from 250BHP to over 450!

The trouble is that, to date, none of the US kits have fitted straight onto right-hand-drive cars due to the brake servo being in the way. Fitting the US-spec kits has meant either relocating the brake servo or having a custom exhaust manifold fabricated to avoid the fouling in the first place. Most people in the UK have seen this as too much trouble and fitted superchargers instead.

For 250-300BHP a supercharger does the job just fine, and because the exhaust end of the engine doesn't have to be touched, fitting is a lot easier. Also, the air delivery of a supercharger is more progressive than a turbo, meaning you can run a fair level of boost without having to redcuce the engine's compression ratio by means of a "thick" headgasket or whatever. This again makes for an easier installation job.

The story doesn't end there, however. C2 Motorsports and others are now offering RHD turbo manifolds for the VR6 "off the shelf", avoiding the brake servo issue. For this reason, I expect VR turbos to become more popular in the UK in the very near future. I don't think anyone can argue that the power delivery of a turbo isn't more exciting!!

Give Chris at C2 a call and I'm sure he'll be happy to discuss your requirements. His number is 001.502.895.3660