Being a cut above the rest i would have to disagree' date=' Chavaliers are awfull, they are "housing estate must haves" where people strip one out and leave it on their lawn till it finally rusts away, or someone ocupies it %-6

[/quote']

King'el how did I miss this........ !amazed

Yeah I have to agree with PHM but I'll go further and say any Vauxhall.

Vauxhall cars are like Tesco value range.

They are a poor man's car. :|

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PHM is a dude' date=' his posts are funny and never derogatory against anyone. Why get at him just because his opinion is different to yours? Don't get so offended over facetious comments. We all love the VR6 on this site (hence it's title) at least that's something we can agree on! In response to the original question no i don't know anyone with a cav turbo to swap, but i know plenty of cav owners and they probably think they have the better car!

live and let live!

[/quote']

the first one to actualy answer the question. lol !amazed

I owned a cavalier turbo for just over 2 year at 1st i thought it was the best thing ever then it started going wrong the back tyres always scrubbed off on the inside i couldnt stop that happening the transfer box packed up the turbo blew i melted a piston in it racing a lexus is200 which it should off really made easy work off these cars are very exspensive to run and to be all fair a garage i use to take mine to told me you need at least £3500 to maintain these a year and keep them right i had a fortune in mine then it got smashed into 1 night while i was out and wrote off i lost £5000 on the insurance claim on the vehicle i since have gone off vauxhalls which i owned for 7 years and bought myself a 1996 vr6 highline in mullberry now i class this as a ultimate beast it would have made the cav turbo look daft the golf is in a different class altogether to a cavalier turbo and to be honest i have raced alot of cars such as civic type r and other fast performance cars and the vr6 makes them look daft i would have put my vr up against the cav and the vr would have left it for dust in my opinion do not go for a cav turbo they cause alot of headaches and aint worth it all in the long run thats my honest opinion

I had a calibra before my VR6 & it was built pretty well! I got p*ssed off with people taking the p*ss cos it was a Vauxhall though! If you could find a good clean, unthrashed turbo you should be fine but as with the Calibra Turbo which was a Cavalier Turbo with a different shell etc theres always the same things that people recommend you check (ie: on the VR people say check the chains etc) You have to watch out for the transfer boxes etc and when you change a tyre - you have to change all 4 as thats what causes the transfer box damage. Not sure of too many other probs with them but I know that there was a few things that had you had to check when looking at them - if I was looking for something 4WD & Turbo'd I'd be looking at a Nissan Pulsar GTIR - you can pick up a nice clean one now for around £3k & whilst the styling isnt to everyones taste it'll kick most things arse's and have bike like acceleration. Mate of mine had a black one running 290Bhp with a straight through pipe etc on 17" Compomotive MO's & it was the nuts! Fastest car I've driven - quicker acceleration than his Focus RS, Ferrari 348 & Evo 6 etc - Build quality wasnt too bad but not as dated inside as the Cavalier & if you got an import you got air con and all the extras.

I don't think that the Calibra is that bad.....

Hey Han its not that good either is it??

most of the people who own those calibras now originally come from around Faluja or Baghdad! tending to have "2 fast 2 furious" stickers in the back windows!! !amazed :P:P (well at least where i live ;) )

Ha ha funny you should say that Nick cos thats the route mine has taken! Saw it about 6 months after I sold it and it looked terrible - if its not on barry boys I'd be surprised!

I don't think that the Calibra is that bad.....

Hey Han its not that good either is it??

most of the people who own those calibras now originally come from around Faluja or Baghdad! tending to have "2 fast 2 furious" stickers in the back windows!! !amazed :P:P (well at least where i live ;) )

HA HA LOL' date=' never heard of Feluja. Where did you think of that one?

I totally agree, massive spoilers on the back and graphics down the side of the Calibras, same down my way too! They sound the nuts with their Pecos too! :P

[/quote']