am i doing something wrong on the this site?

since the upgrade on the here im having a real mare trying to get on it! takes ages to load up,constantly pauses for about 30 seconds everytime i click on any thing,if i move the mouse while its paused i get a full white screen then a blue one then after ive smoked 10 fags i get the page up!its winding me up as i love coming on here to help others and ask questions but as of late i dread looking on here and hope that next time i click on it might of sorted itself out?any others having this long paused problem?

Jay, my GF's computer does exactly the same thing when I visit this site since the new design was implemented. I've cleaned out all the temp files and cookies. Still the same thing. However I believe one of the Admin team mentioned it's something to do with IE5 (Internet Explorer 5) and not being compatible with it. My GF's comp has IE5. I have IE6 at home and it works fine. My GF's comp is getting a bit dated now too!

To find out if you have IE5 simply go to "Help" in the top menu and then select "About". This will tell you what version of Internet Explorer you have. If you do a search on Google for "IE6 download" you should be able to update to the latest version of IE. Good luck. Let us know if you need a hand.

right what the fcuk have i just done to my computer?family in bed and im still playing (with the computer!honest)tried to download from a google search ei6 download and it says it cant download as my computer already has a newer version already installed of what im trying to download?then i try logging on again and my computer wouldnt even find the site kept giving my a plain blue screen with done at the bottom of the page? had to do a system restore (this i do know how to do)to get back on here.i really dont know what im doing but thanks for all you help lads.

I am having problems too, on my laptop which is using mozilla firefox browser & my desktop at home which is IE6. Site often freezes when I click on anything and each page takes ages to load, or the screen jumps about randomly!!!!! I really like coming on here, but its becoming a pain to use now!!! In terms of appearance the site is miles better, but performance wise, it has got worse, The situation is the same whether I am at home or work and regardless of what browser I use Firefox, netscape or IE6.

My work has IE6, and my laptop IE5, and both have the same problem - when initially loading up it freezes for about 10seconds then displays the page, and when clicking on forum links does the same - a freeze then appears. Nothing major, just seems a bit slower than the old site design thats all.

Same here with IE6 & Firefox, cant be arsed to keep mentioning things dont work but apparently if I use Linux or buy a Mac it'll be fine :D;)

Im not a Premium member yet though so have no right to moan (not that I am!)

I think my holes deep enough, I'll shut up :D

in a way im glad im not the only one getting this problem,cant we just go back to the old ways,or see what its like with out the adverts on the top of page to see if it quickens up?wonder how many others are getting this problem?the site is better with the upgrade just slower.cant have it both ways i suppose?

This is what im getting on every page for a few secs, sometimes when i click on the last post in general chat - it loads up the buyers guide :P

Yeah mine loads up on Buyers Guide too. I know why. Its because when you click on 'General Chat', the screen jumps down and the click is then activated on 'Buyers Guide'.

Pain in the backside! !dodge