Small cry out to the people in the know. I recently fitted a new sound system to my Corrado. Sony all around. However, when I change out the passanger side dash speaker from the stock one to the Sony, it doesn't work. I swapped the speakers, incase the Sony was bust, but it plays in the driver's side and the rear deck. Any ideas on what could be causing this???

Any and all help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Does the original speaker work ok in the passenger side? You need to prove you've got a signal there, it sounds like you've eliminated the speaker, you now need to eliminate the wiring. Have you got the balance set to all one side...

I can't figure it out either, if the original speaker works in the passenger side then that proves the wiring, if the new speaker works in another position then that proves the speaker. There isn't anything else. Unless you're making a bad connection for some reason.

Yeah, I don't get it either. I've proved both, but ain't got no sounds!And I'm definatly not making a bad connection. Ah well.

Oh actually, (noticed that you've got a '94 Corrado too) have you ever had a problem with the car dying on you while you're driving? Couple of times down the motorway it just cuts out and I gotta pull over to re-start. The other day, it wouldn't stay ticking over unless I held the key past the ignition position, then if I let it go she'd die. Any thoughts/ideas??

I have had stalling problems, never on a motorway, ie only ever in neutral when I reach a roundabout and go to change gear, as I would go from say 2nd or 3rd gear into 1st it would stall, ie the idle wasn't strong enough. Generally, a lot of stalling problems are caused by a sticky ISV (do a search on here) these can be cleaned which helps. I've also found blockages in the ISV soun deadener pipes which has caused all manner of idling/running problems. All ok now though. I wonder about your ignition switch too given your description of the problem. In fact if your ignition switch was dropping the signal to the ignition system etc then it would stall, its the bit about it not idling without that switch turned further than normal which points to a dodgy ignition switch.