hi just had a bloke come round to veiw my vr6 and his mechanic told me theres a couple of thing wrong with it. the first is the maf meter. He told me that the car isnt pulling as hard as it should and this is down to the maf, is this right? Cant say iv noticed it get slower.

the other thing he told me is that i have a lazy oil pump. on start up you get a brief rattle but thats it?

should i get it looked at or is there an easy way to tell?

How true ... or if its like mine then the starter is a little slow.. hence rattle... On starting from cold I don't move it until all the rattles die down, the engine is still cold but otherwise eased along until the oil heats up... Then... we can play, or as someone else said..."...ENGAGE.."

Stealth, The Phirm, Storm Developments - all say the VR6 is naturally tappety and slightly noisier than average. Even more so when it's cold.

"Doesn't pull as hard as it should" lol every car is different!!... what a load of rubbish. They're trying to knock the price down mate.

Agreed with the others, sounds like a ploy to beat down your asking price.

A dodgy MAF sensor usually results in "juddery" power delivery at mid-high revs due to insufficient fuelling. If this was happening, you'd know about it.

A brief rattling from the tappets is normal on a VR6 when the engine is cold. This is simply because the starter motor doesn't turn the engine fast enough to fully pressurise the tappets before the engine fires. Small starter, big engine. Nothing to worry about.