Shrick manifolds - Have you fitted yours yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the seemingly eternal wait, I have finally got my car back fitted with Schrick manifold, Schrick 264 cams, BMC CDA air filter and unichip.

vr6_schrickfitted_260504_sm.jpg

RR figues were 210.4BHP @5823 & a colossal 207.1lb ft @3727

To say I was chuffed with these figures is an understatement!!!

On the road, the car feels much more 'eager' and free-revving throughout the range, especially in that all-important 3000-4500 band that's in use most of the time on motorways. The extra acceleration from a standing start was barely noticable until I looked down at the speedo and found myself doing 85-90 when I expected to be doing 75-ish. It's now extremely easy to go very fast without realising I'm doing it.

Top end? I saw a (GPS Indicated) 139mph, and there was more to go!!

Pulls through corners better too (in the dry, anyway!)

So, was it worth the money? £2,500 is a lot to pay for another 35bhp and 35lb ft of toque. This sort of power increase could be achieved easily on a 1.8T with a £300 chip, but it wouldn't have the sound and creamy smooth power delivery of a VR6.

You can have your cake, but eating it too costs a whole lot of cash!

A highly recommended conversion. And Stealth are a really professional outfit.

Traffic's gone down now, so I'm off to find some nice B-roads..... bye!

[ Edited Wed May 26 2004, 07:15PM ]

Nice one! A another happy customer!

Some mighty healthy figures there too. Civic Type R owners will understand what torque is all about now. They can keep their stratospheric rev-ranges, give me a skip load of torque and tall gears anyday.