Hi every one, quick question

Just wondered wot the effect would be of having a smaller rolling radius on the front wheels? For example, if i were to put 45 profile tyres on 15'' rims on a VR? considering they usually run on a 50 profile on 15s

Cheers for any info

madvr6 - just did a calc and with 45s on you will be going 2% slower than you think you are.

In terms of how it affects performance, it is true that acceleration will be slightly improved (though I doubt you'd be able to tell). In-gear top speeds will be affected by the same 2%, but actual top speed will not change as this is a function of aerodynamics and power, rather than gearing.

nice one, thanks for your help. could do with a bit more acceleration, planing to sprint the car at inters. curious about what it can do. although not very sure how accurate their equipment is? last year i saw a Caddy do a 2 second 0-60?!!!! With a 2ltr 16 valve?!!

[ Edited Fri Apr 30 2004, 11:37AM ]

LMAO! Not a chance! The dubsport/dubweiser cars ran about 3 seconds, but that was the best of the day. I think there must have been a slight misfunction on that run!!!

I'll be wearing 15s for the sprint, but that's more to do with not wanting to wear my 17s out than anything else...