If your rev limiter is set to 6400 then your current top speed is 150 if u can hit the limiter.

With a 3.68 it will be 138, a 3.94 would give 129mph.

A good change to make is add a 3.94 diff but also a 0.76 5th gear, this will give the acceleration improvements your looking for but also decent cruising revs ant top speed (142).

Id only go for the 3.94 if you have an early vr or a remap for the 7000rpm rev limit though, I plan on getting the 3.94 diff and 0.76 5th if I keep my car much longer.

3.68 does make a difference over 3.39 as I have one in my VR. I didn't want to go down the 3.94 route as my car is a daily driver and I want to keep it sensible. The 3.94 would give you MK2 16V gearing, which is too short for a daily used VR imo and it will cane your fuel.

The 3.68 pulls 90mph at 4000rpm instead of 100mph and 5th always seems to be in the usable torque range from 70 onwards. With the standard 3.39 a drop to 4th is needed to get any real sensation of acceleration from 70. No need with the 3.68. Low speed pick up is better too.

The 3.68 will pull 158.3mph at 7000rpm. 3.39 pulls 167 @7K.

I asked Stealth about that a while ago and was told there no longer available. There is a quaife gear kit out there but from what ive heard its nowhere near as strong as the gemini kit was.

Think the quaife kit is about 1600 fjust for the gearkit, labour on top of that.

Yeah the helical cut Quaife gearset is not that strong (the dog set is tho) and they don't warranty their products as it's sold as 'race' equipment. Well, that's certainly the case with their diffs at least.....funny how the American customers get a warranty though.....any way.... the gemini kit was awesome, Vince co-developed it when he used to work there. Quite capable of withstanding 470lb/ft torque from their VR6 turbo project corrado, but it also need Gemini driveshafts and special cages for the CVs.....it gets expensive!!

The best option if you want 6 speeds is an 02J 6 cog from a leon but you need custom shafts and changes made to the mount IIRC.

VWMotorsport used to do an alloy end case and longer gear shaft to facilitate a 6th speed, but again they're probably not around any more.

TBH, all the 6 speed cars I've driven I've rarely used 6th so imo, stick with the 5 cog but drop the Final drive ratio to a 3.68 and throw a quaife in, you'll not be dissapointed.