Well my gearbox arrived for the Golf Today, and I have to say I am seriously unimpressed.

it took 4 Days to get here instead of 1, They Claimed they cant provide a next day service to Aberdeen as it is in the Highlands..*Nightfreight* Couriers.

When I got a look at it the gearbox appears to be a reconditioned one, and it has had a hole blown in it where I blew my last one, and it looks like it's been filled up with liquid metal

This was not mentioned at all by the seller. - it also had a driveshaft flange Missing..., had to take one out of my old box. The box (Supposedly) does have a warranty, but we will see. does anyone have experience with boxes that have blown and been repaired, ? am i going to be taking it out again next week ?

This is Gearbox Number 3, so let's see how long it lasts. i really dont want to blow one up because getting them seems to be bloody hard.

What gearbox oil is recommended to be used ? was going to put in a EP 85/90

If you do end up fitting it' date=' lay off the burn outs and other car park shenanigans in the future, otherwise it'll just keep happening, that's not what VR6's were built for.

[/quote']

FYI Slim The first gearbox, That blew the diff up I was not having "car park shenanigans" as you put it, just accelerating in first gear and not evan that harshly, Granted - the second Gearbox that blew I was being a bit of a penis, but the it should take it not be putting hole's in it's self. and blowing differentials to peices.

So come on Slim, please do tell me what VR6's Were built for ? to park it on a beach bolevard most nights and occasionaly drive round for a lap or two and toddle about town.

I Certainly didnt buy mine to do that.

So come on Slim' date=' please do tell me what VR6's Were built for ?[/quote']

Well they certainly weren't built for, what was it you were doing? Reversing at speed then slamming into first gear? I wasn't trying to start an argument or anything, but if that's how you treat your car, it kinda suggests why you're on your third gearbox in as many weeks. No offence intended of course. :)

So come on Slim' date=' please do tell me what VR6's Were built for ?[/quote']

Well they certainly weren't built for, what was it you were doing? Reversing at speed then slamming into first gear? I wasn't trying to start an argument or anything, but if that's how you treat your car, it kinda suggests why you're on your third gearbox in as many weeks. No offence intended of course. :)

I was still in reverse gear when the gearbox blew up, and had no intentions whatsoever to "slam it in to first gear" that is asking for things to break.

Tyres are expensive, and I go through enough of them as it is, without pointlessly attaching them to a carpark.