vento vr door card lights

If you open the door you should see a black rubber cover thingy (what a technical term eh guys!!!) its near where the door lock catcher locates.

If you pull that out carefully you'll find the wires there (or you can use them to find out the colour code of the wires). I'm not too sure, but I think they run down inside - might be wrong though. Sorry I can't be more help, but I'm not near my Bentley manual at the mo...

Another alternative place to look for the wires for the door light circuit would be the light itself. Pull it out from the roof, you should be able to see the wires and trace them.

I'll look it up in Bentley, and I'll have a look on my car tomorrow in the daylight... I'll P.M. you if no-one else can offer better help....

As for connecting the wires up, I'd cut some of the plastic coating off and bare some of the wire inside and solder the wires from the light to it and wrap in electrical tape (not the best way I suppose, but i'm not auto-electrician and non of my wiring has failed yet!!! ;) ).

Sorry if thats not much help, I'm typing and watching a DVD mate. I'm sure a few of the guys who've stripped their cars on here would know about this...

Let me know matey how you get on....

wish i knew mate! soemone on ed38 has told me to take it up the A pillar up to the roof and connect it to the switch up there???? one wire is earth i take it??? surely the door has something in it's loom cause the door light copmes on when u open it?????

You got the part numbers for the wires and plugs mate, couldn't get them a vag the other day,

I am going to find the cable coming from the door switch(little black rubber thing that is next to the lock) and break it of from that, and extend the cabling to reach, the hardest bit will be getting it through the door plug, i already have had to feed my speaker cable through so shouldn't be to hard

Hope that helps Paul

Yes mate thats the one, going to take the back card of, find the back of the swith and trace the cable to see where it goes, if i have to i will run it from near the switch along the sill up where the bonnet relise is(one one side) then through in to the door, then cut a hole through the door card into the area where the lamp will go ;)

cheers for the part numbers and the Richievr ;) 8)

well i've tried to wire it up to the switch in the B pillar (the one that depress's when you open the door to turn the interior light on and it doesn't work, i tried every combination of wires to get the door card light to light. It's not the door card light, i've tried it in the boot light, works fine. there are however a few wires on the switch, i may not have found the correct combination, but i tried loads????

There are three wires into the switch and one that runs along the sill to who knows where, if i take the one that goes along the sill (yellow/blue stripe) out of the equation the interior light still lights??? Any ideas? I looked at the interior light and there are four wires going into this? which wires would i attach it too? Someone on Ed38 said his rado has them and it's on a seperate fuse! Starting to piss me off, you think it would be simple to wire some crappy little lights up so they come on when the doors open!! Any ideas would be appreciated, is it because none of these wires actually have power??? if so what could i tap into, the door card light has two wires, where do they go ???

wires-2.gif

wires-1.gif scuse the grubby fingers !ill