Where does your temp guage sit??

Alrighty then....

My temp guage sits a bit funny at the moment, The car is a Passat with a Triple A engine so it may be a little different from all you "Short wheelbase Passats", but when the car is in traffic it climbs to just above the halfway mark, never near the top, but certainly 1/2 to 3/4's on the guage, the fans kick in and the guage returns to the centre. When travelling the the temp guage drops to under the half mark, maybe say at a third of the guage and no more, mind you that is around the 80mph speed.

Now my questions are these....

1/ Does your guage do this "At All"??

2/Could it be considered normal?

3/ Does the Fan have High and low speed settings and if so how do you check if they are working correctly?

4/ Where on the guage does yours sit in traffic and does it move at all??

Any help appreciated, just looking for Ideas/Opinions.

Regards

28v6r

sounds absolutely spot on to me, its bound to creep up in traffic and bound to drop a little with the better airflow through the rad at 80mph, fans are working so I'd say its fine. It needs to be really hot to trigger the higher fan speed.

mine sits just to the left of the speedo on the dash :P:D

Yeah ...it would if it was there, but I took the liberty of relieving you of the instrument pod last night, seeing as yours was working better than mine! !amazed 8o) :P;)

Regards

28v6r