Right then. One of my ECU relays is causing my car to cut out whilst driving.

Symptoms - Car cuts out as if stalled (hear relays going clickity click click). Oil light comes on nothing else. I can open and slam my door shut again and the engine will come back to life with out having to turn the ignition key. If I turn off the ignition and try to start it again without slamming my door first (yeah laugh all you want) it won't ignite and the ABS light won't reset until I slam the door (presumably linking up the contact again).

So I'm 99% sure it's a faulty relay - question is.. is there one that is linked with the ABS AND ignition?

1992 Golf VR6

[ Edited ]

Relay???? :D ...Where did you here that it was £35 a pop then?? :o !dodge The fuel relay is only £17! and my guess is that its that , that's causing your problems, it's the bottom right relay, that nearest the drivers door, grey in colour marked 167. Hence the need for shock i.e "slamming your door" to activate it. This is a known failure and causes your vehicle to stall due to overheating (The relay, that is!) 8o) as to the ABS, I'm in the same boat, mine runs for ages, then will come on as if something has got too hot, switch off the ignition and it will reset itself. Will keep you advised on the ABS bit as mine goes into the stealers to get re MOT'd and the fault codes read/cleared hopefully passing the MOT! &|

Regards

28v6r

Quote from nsracing ltd, reguarding 1992 vr6 supercharging:

"With the mileage you have declared the car will be fine supercharging,

although a 1992 car is not the best year to work with as it has a

distributor, and these have issues with stalling etc, you can convert

to

wasted spark for around ££££" anything to do with anything? Adam - 1992 Supercharged VR6 - <<< 92?