Finding a good one!?

That seems a bit of a challenge to get anything decent up near(ish) Stockport/Manchester.

There are a couple from members up for sale which would suit but I wasn't able to arrange anything for this weekend sadly.

I did look at couple this weekend though, neither of which were any good. One of which broke my heart! It was a 93,000m highline, 2 owners, full main dealer history, engine was a gem, interior was unworn. Body was tatty, tatty, tatty.

It was cheap, but the bodywork was too much to consider - again, lied too by the seller when I asked very detailed questions. Car dealers, grrr. Was supposed to have had one rear wing not correctly painted and a 5p sized bit of rust on the front wing. Actually, the rear wing was bogged and sprayed and bubbling, the tailgate needed painting, the bonnect needed painting, the n/s door needed painting and the 5p rust was more like 50p and a

got mine from bury (near Manchester) last year,

97 mullberry highline 3door

4 owners

full vwsh

62,000 miles

mint standard condition

mature owner last 4 years (he also knew previous owner)

one year on:

68,000 miles

fk coilovers professionally fitted and balanced etc

serviced and maintained

body almost mint, few stone chips above windscreen NOT ONE DINT at all paint exellent!!!! alloys good condition for age but not a1.

Anyway my point is there are v good vr's out there, but there becoming VERY hard to find! (Its going to be a challange to find a good one on a budget)!

Good luck mate.

Craig.

VR's exhibit Monday car/Friday car syndrome and people generally hold onto the Monday cars for longer...

Expalin this to me Nick......don't understand?

Just that VR6 engines vary greatly in standard power output and reliability from one car to another.

Test drive as many VRs as you can and you will see that some seem quicker than others. They don't just seem quicker - they actually are!

I was a bit love struck when I bought mine - it was the 1st one I looked at and as soon as I heard the noise I had to have it - luckily I've havent had any major issues with it & it had done under 70k miles - I took a couple of mechanic mates & a mate thats an auto electrician so I knew that the car was pretty sound.

The bodywork isnt amazing but that should be sorted soon but it did come with a full Votex kit, leather re-trim & 17" RX2 alloys etc - those 3 items alone are worth a couple of

My dragon green P-Plate VR6 is now up for sale. 44,400K, 3 owners including me, no rust, never modified, painted or crashed, fsh, air-con, cloth interior, electric everything, full closure alarm and mechanically it's perfect.

It does have 1 BBS wheel cap missing, 2 small (literally 5p size) marks on the drivers door and a very light scratch at the foot of the offside front bumper.

Detailed pics can be provided on request, so if anyone is interested and wants to make a proper offer (