CHEERS ANORAK[MARK]!

thanks for the positive feedback guys.just getting aquainted to the sheer power of the thing!one thing that has surprised is that fuel MPG is not much worse than a standard vr.tend to cruise rather than thrash,as any s/c owner will tell you-you aint got nothin to prove unless the mood takes you.need to junk the copper head gasket for a better sealing set up,anbody recommend somebody in the S/Yorks area?

Glad you're pleased with the car Ade.

If you need to know anything obviously drop me a line, I'll help if I can mate.

I'm out looking for an insurable replacement this weekend (can't live with the 406 estate!) but everything feels as though the handbrake has been left on! ;)

S'pose I'll get used to having less than 300 ponies eventually!

A big thank you to everyone in VR6OC who has helped me out with advice and even practical assistance over the last year (esp. Claire, Tommy and Pete). The club has made VR ownership and maintenance a much less painful experience and everyone I've spoken to has been friendly and known what they were talking about (unlike some other forums I've been on).

Still haven't ruled out getting a standard VR so I might still be around for a while, just wanted to say "Cheers".

sorry to see you go mark, i remember getting wasted at santa pod by you, what a good sport you are m8.

Ade, you can get a trimetallic gasket from c2 motorsports through ultimatetune, but make sure you get the one with the correct compression ratio, if you're current one reduces it.

what PSI does yours run on? mine is just under 10, because of some belt slippage

nerih;8.5psi pulley,dont know the compression ratio without delving into the mountain of SH.seaping a bit of oil @ the s/c side of head gasket,so want a 100% remedy.vince at stealth says not much of an issue.vortex/nsracing say sandwiched gaskets the answer-big bucks?sourcing a 100% remedy from a reputable company?