Afternoon all! I've found a good deal on a front set of Audi TT 225 brakes and just want to know a couple of things before buying them. I've read the detailed forums and links about fitting them to a mk3 VR6 but just have a couple of questions:

The brakes i've found come with the following: 2x OEM Brake disks (312mm x 25mm) - 2x OEM Brake Calipers - 2x OEM Brake Caliper Carriers - 2x Pair OEM Brake Pads

1) Are there any parts not listed here that I would need for the conversion (other than spacers)?

2) Is this conversion a fairly straight forward swap?

3) Is this conversion possible for a golf with the 280mm brake set-up?

I have 17s fitted to my car (ET 30) so hopefully clearance shouldn't be a problem.

Any advice on this subject would be greatly appreciated !lol

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wheel clearance won't, or shouldn't be a problem because when the 312s are fitted, they sit 6mm further inboard than the standard 280/288 setup.

Put it this way, if you wheels currently clear the 280/288 setup (and solitudes do, just) then you won't have a problem with the 312s. Incidentally, if you already have a 95-98 VR6 with the 288s, all you need for this conversion is carriers and discs, which are

0 is like Ice on Ice and 1 is the metaphorical equivalent of shoving a baseball bat through bicycle spokes

LMFAO, can just imagine my vr stopping on its nose with the rear end in the air and my g/f flying out through the roof, lol. (not that im bitter that she has cheated on me or anything ;) )

id imagine the brembo tt setup will need the spacer as the brembos are set up for the smaller hub offset on the tt, so you need to drop the caliper back.

and the tt setup should fit behind 16" wheels as the standard tt wheels were 16" anyway.

i need to get my ass into gear and do this while my cars off the road. just havent got much cash at the moment and need to buy the 288 calipers too.

Designa Dubs in Basingstoke made a suitable pair of anodised s/s spacers up for my TT 312mm brakes, they should still have the measurements for them if anyone else needs some making up.

They also told me that longer carrier-to-hub bolts are not required, although info I've read on various VW forums indicates otherwise. I'll have to go back to Designa if the bolts I got with the brakes turn out to be too short.

As regards hoses, I have the original hoses on the car (VR6 280mm), plus the hoses from the Audi TT that came with the brakes. I have the banjo bolts for both. Are we saying that I won't be able to use either of the hoses I have?

Yes, the goodridge kit for late Golfs (with 288mm brakes) should fit ok.

I don't think there is a part no. for the lines I ordered as I bought them form a local hose supplier. I showed them the ends I required, measured the length of my original hose and they sent the infomation to goodridge who made them and sent them back 3 days later. (Could have bought the late golf vr6 set but I've already got goodridge all round and I think the set costs about