i bought a set off ebay de,they had only been used in the assembly plant(read 3km),only 260 euro´s plus shipping,he had some with zimmermann disc´s they where 295euro´s,these are complet set´s with caliper´s asswell.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the heads up on dubshack VR6rich (pint of voddy commin your way!)

Nowt when i first rang, told me to ring back week after, as they were expecting another TT breaker in (wasn't gonna post that!)

Hey presto, one week later, fully kitted ; )

Hmmmm pint of vodka....

You got the brakes on then? How did you find the install? Did you use the TT calipers? Did you use goodridge hoses? Hows the braking now? As you can guess I still havnt put mine on! :-D

Guys - your advice would be really appreciated

Heres the scenario - I have a set of genuine TT Comps - No tyres yet and am thinking of doing the TT brake conversion and also lowering the car between 40-50mm

With the brakes altering the off set - will I get away with 215/40/17 tyres? or will I still have to buy a set of 205/40/17s

Please help im a little confused :^)

Cheers guys

This is the longest thread about TT brakes I've ever seen!

UKMkIV forums recentley done a group buy for the whole kit for £250, not sure if someones already stated that but 11 pages about TT brakes is a bit much for me ha ha

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm pint of vodka....

You got the brakes on then? How did you find the install? Did you use the TT calipers? Did you use goodridge hoses? Hows the braking now? As you can guess I still havnt put mine on! :-D

Fitted 'em today rich, absolute doddle.

Yep, used the TT's.

The braking is slightly better, not tons, but defo better!

Just used the standard flexi as i was just testing the set up!

Will fit stainless hoses and use dot 5 at a later stage!

• 1 month later...

hi not a fan of trawling through the 12 pages, don't have the time.

just want to know if you please, will the 312mm TT225 calipers and discs fit straight on a 96 VR6 Highline? - if not what do i have to change thanks.

hi by the way this is my first post. i'll post up some pics when the motors looking sweet(lower)

• 3 months later...

Just completed this on my 1993 Mk3 which had shagged discs and pads anyway.

Total kit list:

Audi TT (225) calipers, carriers and discs (£100 from an off the bay deal)

Goodridge stainless line kit - Stealth £85

Disc regrind £30

Pads £60

Bolts (50mm hex head self colour) spring washers and stainless spacers £15

Proper caliper paint - silver £18

Fitting £115 dowm my local garage.

Total cost: £405 which is quite a lot.

Sold 280 calipers and carriers on the bay for £60 so final cost £365 which is less but a lot.

With drilled discs behind my 17s though these would look the muts nuts. Still look pretty business like.

Much better stoppers and still bedding them in. Instant improvement but not yet stomped on them as Kev suggest! I would recommend despite cost as I was never confident in the original VR brakes being used to high performance Honda brakes.

My tips for this conversion are:

1) If you replace the front hoses with stainless then you need to do all your lines as the remaining rubber ones will bulge and cause you a lot of probs.

2) Shields are a pain and its taken a couple of gos to stop them from rubbing. I fitted cut back 280 shields.

3) Initial bite and feel is not as good a "modern" braking systems. Kev helpfully explains that this is because you need the bigger master cylinder from a 4motion/TT to increase the overall braking pressure. This i a job for a pro.

3) Bolts are a pain to source because of the uncommon pitch. I used a little company I found off the we in Lincolnshire. AP and others were no real help.

Happy stopping.

• 2 weeks later...

After flicking through the golf+, i noticed that oem parts do a 315mm upgrade for mk4's. This consists of the discs, carriers and pagid fast road pads for £318. The carriers are Anniversary/TT225 in red, i guess these are ok?? If you have 288mm calipers you will need to add the 6mm spacers and longer bolts? How does this price compare to dealer?