I just thought I'd tell people about how good my brakes are.

I've done three track days now in my car and have been thoroughly impressed with them. The last track outing at Donnington, an M3 driver had to put out two fires, one under each of his rims! I had no fade all day and thats on the GP circuit which is renowned for its heavy braking points.

So, what brake setup have I got?

I put new standard 280mm disks on the front, fit braided steel brake hoses all round, bought some Pagid Blue front race pads and Castrol SRF brake fluid.

The Pagid Blue race pads were expensive (~

Did you notice improvements with the fidanza?

Im so so sooo tempted to buy one right this second' date=' but not sure if i shud as mine is a road car and i heard its best to comprimise with a lightened OE one...

[/quote']

Didn't drive it before I did all the mods, so can't really offer much of a comparison. It seems to rev more freely than my Rado VR6 did.

I've heard bad stories about lightened OE flywheels (disintigrating, toes being chopped off etc etc) which put me off. If you do get one done, best to get it tested for cracks.

Personally, I'd spend a bit extra for the piece of mind and get the Fidanza one.

The schrick is actually an advantage on track, especially when combined with an atb diff.

Ive found in the past without the schrick that certain 2nd gear corners the revs would drop a bit low and the car would bog down, and theres no way I would have went for 1st. Also, some longer 2nd gear corners ive sometimes found the engine bouncing off the rev limiter before the exit wheras with the schrick its fine leaving it in 3rd giving a higher exit speed.