[poll] Mk5 R32 - Offical Pictures released

i suppose it will grow on me? within the next 4 years i will hopefully have the "old" version of the R32 as i find it more appealing! and prices will be a bit more sensible than they are now! i waited 3 years for the highlines to drop to sensible money so the R32 should do the same now a new kids on the block !shy ;)

i suppose it will grow on me? within the next 4 years i will hopefully have the "old" version of the R32 as i find it more appealing! and prices will be a bit more sensible than they are now! i waited 3 years for the highlines to drop to sensible money so the R32 should do the same now a new kids on the block !shy ;)

I hope so. Mint examples are still

r32 styling is pants, it looks almost like the GTI apart from it lacks the nice spot lights at the front?! The mk5 isnt vw's best looking car, just like the mk4, they need some serious body kitt'age to make it look decent....at the moment i think the front end is boring, alloys are crap. Not too sure about the exhaust pipes, i love the rear spoiler, it hink that looks good, the rear bumper isnt too bad, but they need to lower the whole thing with a body kit.

i'd go for the GTI and chip it up to 250bhp, im sure its possible with some easy mods, its already 4 wheel drive and is turbo'd so cheap power i think! GTI is a nicer looking car imo.

I must admit I'm with Nerih there, it looks very similar to the MK5 GTI, especially the interior (apart from those dodgy seats). I think I'll stick to my GTI for the moment, although would be rude not to go and have a test drive when it's in the showrooms...

I was not to fond of the mk4 r32 as it was to bulky and just did not look mean enough, this looks well like a mk5 gti with a few extra bits added on! Quite like the back of it and the interior looks nice -especially the seats, but from the side and front does not look anything special. Spose it will depriceiate the r32 though, which could be a good thing.

I heard they were bringing out an r36? Maybe thats the one to wait for?????

Matt

They do have a 3.6 litre VR engine now - it's fitted to the flagship Passat model in the US. It produces 280BHP. This engine could be fitted to the Golf in the future.

They also have a 300BHP+ turbo'd version of the 3.2 VR6 in development for the new Audi S3. Golf RS32 anyone?