Surprised a couple of motorbikes on the way home

On my way home, just minding my own business when a couple of bikes pulled in front of me at the lights. They couldn't launch it as we were just by a police station. Once past it, they gave it some stick. Just had to give chase (would have been rude not to) - I think they were very surprised to see my Golf still glued to their back wheels as we got into 3 figs...(;->

Not sure what spec they were, but they had fat tyres and one of them had Ninja on the side. Got the appreciative nod and thumbs up at the next set of lights!

Mina

[ Edited ]

• 3 weeks later...

heh! I do like trying it on with bikes myself....! Its funny seeing them do the "double take" when they see you start really going for it....! Then you see them squat down behind the little screen and start really concentrating as they wind the bike out....!

lol!

Jules

PS: not beat any though, but gave em a run for their money...! well, more than they expected anyway....!

Although i don't doubt minas claim in the slightest, a 600cc ninja will do 0-60 in about 3 seconds, give or take a few tenths, now unless Minas VR has a Ferrari Formula 1 engine in its unlikely to have accelerated that quick, which is why Vr6 Man was understandably dubious. Ninjas however, are comparitively slow from 60- 110, which is where Minas 317bhp is going to show!

If the bike didn't get a 'proper launch away then I believe Mina would have kept pace with them - I was on the back of my mates GSXR the other night ( its a V. quick bike) and an M3 came along side us(they put out about 320BHP right??) and from 40 to 135 the M3 stuck right by our side (it was on a dual carriageway) then to my shock, started pulling away from us!!!!!! Boy are dem M3's quick.

Hi Everyone

This post is getting a bit serious - wasn't what I was expecting!! At the end of the day, we all like to enjoy the performance of our cars and I'm just the same. I had some fun with a couple of bikes - I know I would never stand a chance against most bikes from a standing start (check out this week's Autocar and their annual 0-100-0 challenge). But what I do know is the other bikes were really going for it and there wasn't that much in it - I expected them to just leave me for dead and was surprised when they didn't. Of course I don't know if they really opened up their throttles fully - but what I do know is that when a biker gives you the nod in respect then it's probably genuine.

Love and peace guys

Mina

im pretty sure uk m3s do put out 320 bhp and top marks for botherin to try mina i dont bother with any remotely quick lookin bikes as i dont like gettin annihalated or launchin to hard ps i bet ud giv em a roastin on a tight track/b road bikes dont corner any where near as quick as the look like they do