Brake light prob's

hello guy's n gals

got a problem with the old girl.. just replaced pads n disks bout 2 weeks back, ever since then the warning indicator for the pads keeps staying on. feck knows what the problem is?? any ideas?

cheers , Ben ;)

Yes, the orange light in the main instrument panel is the brake pad wear indicator.

I recently replaced discs & pads all round on my 1994 VR6. There appear to be pad wear sensors on the front only. They slot into the rear edge of the front brake pads.

There is a single wire coming from each of these sensors. If the contact on either sensor or the wire leading to either sensor is earthed, the orange light will illuminate.

Check that the sensors are installed into the brake pad properly. The metal contact should be facing the disc.

[ Edited Mon Apr 12 2004, 09:48PM ]

i thaught the pads had the sensors biult in, cos when i replaced my pads they had wires and a connector built in, which i had to place into the old connector attatched to the strut. thats on a '93. id take your wheel off and have a look at the wires for the pads, as i got mine trapped in the caliper and as said by antera, they were earthed and said light came on.

just had the wheel off..yeah its definatly the brake pad wear sensor it looks like the wire for thepads warning sensor are coroded .. tried insultion tape ( joing the wire's back together) but the light's still on ?? whats going on?

Ben, what year is yours?

Mine is a `98, and hasn`t got sensors.

Personaly, if you keep an eye on the brake pad wear, which you probably would, them i would cut the conector off, and conect the 2 bare wires together, and fully insulate it.

:)

its on an m 95.. i know what ur saying mate, does make sense. But even if i unplug em, the freaking light still stays on.. think you were right in the first place, maybe i need to go get new sensor plug n wire's. They look a bit of a bitch t change tho mate ??