I bought my Vr 12 months ago. The guy who sold it to me said he changed the gearbox for an aftermarket number. The gearstick will twitch to tell you when to change gears if your driving in too low or high a gear. Is he taking the *iss

or has anyone heard of anything like this? As you can tell with the time of this thread i cant sleep with worry..... ?!

sounds like it has a rod change (as its a mechanical link to the box and thus engine, as the engine wobbles slightly the stick will too), but all vr6's come with cable change (which won't wobble as theres only cables between the stick and the box).

if it is a rod change box, i'd see it as an advantage (as long as its fitted properly) as the standard cable change box is very lazy when you change gears, and has a really long throw.

is yours a standard vr, not converted? cos on another post mina says tat the b&m wont fit, whereas im sure it would be a gould group buy if it does, cheap and easy to install. so those that naught the schrick vsr arent breaking the bank, lol.

the crunch will be the syncromesh on its way out. its a re-knowned weak spot on these gearboxes. only way to permanently resolve it is a box change/rebuild i'm afraid! the cable change boxes dont like to be yanked into gear like a rod change can, and too many standing starts at the pod has taken its toll on mine too!