Looking to change the plugs & leads on my VR and was wondering if you guys had any reccomendations. Are the VW ones up to the job (Beru I think?) or are there better ones out there. I'm not looking to spend fortunes as I've just done the VR conversion and am also a bit sceptical about power gains from just plugs & leads, although if you know different please share your experience.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 months later...

I am looking to replace my leads soon, does anyone have a part number from VW for the red beru leads as VW aren't able to confirm the make/colour using their parts system!?

Would a defective lead/leads be noticed quickly or do they develop problems slowly over time? I ask because I've noticed a few threads from peeps where their vr6 has bad idling/rough running and it has been solved by replacing leads/plugs. Did the rough running/idling problem happen suddenly or over a long period of time?

cheers y'all. :)

I am looking to replace my leads soon, does anyone have a part number from VW for the red beru leads as VW aren't able to confirm the make/colour using their parts system!?

Would a defective lead/leads be noticed quickly or do they develop problems slowly over time? I ask because I've noticed a few threads from peeps where their vr6 has bad idling/rough running and it has been solved by replacing leads/plugs. Did the rough running/idling problem happen suddenly or over a long period of time?

cheers y'all. :)