New boy V6 4 motion

Hi please be gentle ,I have just got hold of this x reg V6 4 motion for £100 obviously no mot 117,000 on the clock I know there is a small oil leak, fans are not working unless I activate the climate control  .Is it worth getting it up together it starts ok etc all electrics seem to be good a triangular warning light with a wrap round arrow comes on when I press the ESP button and the EPC light comes on prior to ignition then disappears .Please let me know your thoughts and any recommendations for servicing/repairs in the Dorset area would be greatly appreciated  

Thanks for your time.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0003_2.jpg

IMG_0002_2.jpg

IMG_0004_2.jpg

Hi and welcome to the club.

Awesome buy that for a hundred notes well done.  The triangle with the circle is meant to be there.  Its a warning to say traction control is off.  By pressing the button you are turning it off.  Get the car on VAG com if you can, come and see us at tatton or Leeds and I will scan it for you.  

Could be various things causing the engine fans not to kick in to be honest and oil leek is more than likely just a small seal gone.

Yes it would overheat if I don't use air conditioning  they don't run until I turn the ac on.Oil leek is running under the sump do not know where it starts from though plus a leek coming out of a large integrated bolt located to the right of the engine as I am facing it  positioned underneath hope this makes sense thanks for your reply 

12 hours ago, Wrighty said:

Yes it would overheat if I don't use air conditioning  they don't run until I turn the ac on.Oil leek is running under the sump do not know where it starts from though plus a leek coming out of a large integrated bolt located to the right of the engine as I am facing it  positioned underneath hope this makes sense thanks for your reply 

probably worth taking a photo of the said bolt :)

To me sounds like oil cooler but unsure without pictures.

as @mattvr6 said the control modules are common fault, there are DIY repair kits available and likely to resolve your issue, but possibly other things to check such as thermo switches, sensors etc..