If you're ever planning on going forced induction at some point, go with the 248 cams instead. I had the 268s and schrick on mine and didn't rate the cams much to be honest.

Schrick insist on the uprated springs with the 268s...but sell them seperately, LOL! Stealth have never fitted them - unless specifically asked to - and have yet to see a standard spring break.

At the end of the day, a charger is the way to go on the VR for a nigth/day difference. The N/A tuning stuff does make a difference, don't ge me wrong, but when it's all done you'll be left wanting more and feel shortchanged.

I find the schrick 268/vgi combo excellent. Provides almost exactly half the gains of a charger.

Kev, the chip on yours was done for standard cams iirc? You would probably have been more impressed if the map was done with the cams.

Yeah it was Joe, but Vince said there was enough leeway in the chip and MAF to compensate for the cams. I just don't think my engine was ever particularly good with them tbh, probably due to a fault I've not been able to find. A standard VR could keep up with my Schricked and cam'd one, which isn't right. But you're probably right...if I'd had it all mapped to my engine, it would have been better.

Vince has got the car all next week to investigate why it's so slow from 4000rpm onwards.....I've exhausted all my usual checks, inc VAG-COM ones, so it's going to be something obscure and hard to trace.

The charger isn't going on until it at least behaves like a standard VR first....

LOL, yeah my car is pretty heavy, must be just shy of 1300kg. The entire boot is dynamatted, under the seats, the roof, the doors, the rear 1/4s, you name it!

Never did roller it with the cams etc....on some days it felt insane....which is the problem I still have....intermittant power loss....but when it was standard it made 200bhp and 193 pounds.....on the days it felt quick it was easily as quick as my old Golf 16V Turbo, which puts it into the 220 brake catergory.

I'll see how it goes but I've got a 9:1 CR block rebuild (not forged pistons) and a smaller charger pulley planned if Vince gives the current compressions a thumbs down.....