I don't know if i've posted in the right place, although I'm being lazy and wondering if I can get away without heat wrapping my 6 branch.

I know what its like heat wrapped, has anyone got any insight on what its like without being heat wrapped,

Also if it makes a difference, pros/cons

Thanks in advance :D 

Just now, VR6Pete said:

I've heard stories with them cracking. If it's off the car currently then recommend that you wrap it or have it ceramic coated.

Apply the wrap whilst it's wet!

I don't want itchy arms, but I guess it has to be done :(

I heard they crack/leak from where the manifold meets the decat.. so I was thinking to get a flexi pipe welded

I don't want itchy arms, but I guess it has to be done 

I heard they crack/leak from where the manifold meets the decat.. so I was thinking to get a flexi pipe welded

Yeah it's not a nice job. Wear gloves and apply wet. Helps a lot. You will also need some metal ties (lots of them).

I've had a stainless manifold for years on all my VR's and never had one crack.

They would usually only crack if you have bad engine mounts with excessive engine movement putting stress on the manifold.

I don't know if i've posted in the right place, although I'm being lazy and wondering if I can get away without heat wrapping my 6 branch.

I know what its like heat wrapped, has anyone got any insight on what its like without being heat wrapped,

Also if it makes a difference, pros/cons

Thanks in advance  

Well, speaking from recent experience, an unwrapped 6b will increase bay temps considerably. A wrap is therefore recommended and advised to drop bay temps and also it's suggested that keeping the heat inside the 6b via a wrap will also aid exhaust flow- draw the gases out quicker.

If you're buying a wrap, go for a titanium type made by dei, these are much better than a fibreglass wrap because they stay looking nice for longer and smoke much less whilst they mould to your 6b. It's also recommended to use a special silicon spray to waterproof the wrap and therefore preventing some corrosion.

My fibreglass wrap has smoked for 300 miles and approx 7 hrs, titanium smokes for about 15 mins!

4 minutes ago, VR6Pete said:

Yeah it's not a nice job. Wear gloves and apply wet. Helps a lot. You will also need some metal ties (lots of them).

I've had a stainless manifold for years on all my VR's and never had one crack.

They would usually only crack if you have bad engine mounts with excessive engine movement putting stress on the manifold.

Yeah fair enough! recently changed all three mounts so that shouldn't be an issue