where to check fan working

thanks Pete,I'm not all that good with electrics so cheers for that,my fans are not coming on so I gota feeling I'm gonna get headaches from this!!!.but least I know what sensor is which so I can check through them,but I guess that's what happens with owning 21 odd year old car,things corrode and wear out:(hoping its just the thermo switch kaput!!

hmm,knew it was gunna cause heada:(che ..took thermo sensor plug of and with ignition on bridged it and...nothing..checked fans direct and all ok,so either multi plug sensor gone,or am I right in saying that it has a fan controller box somewhere??if so where to is it...ive wired them to a switch inside for time being as I cant risk it cooking,think it may be best in long run as u get better control but would like to know if it is a fault with box/sensor/plug!!

5 hours ago, rich said:

hmm,knew it was gunna cause heada:(che ..took thermo sensor plug of and with ignition on bridged it and...nothing..checked fans direct and all ok,so either multi plug sensor gone,or am I right in saying that it has a fan controller box somewhere??if so where to is it...ive wired them to a switch inside for time being as I cant risk it cooking,think it may be best in long run as u get better control but would like to know if it is a fault with box/sensor/plug!!

There is a FCM, its the box under the coolant header tank - check fuses to begin with.

yep,checked already pete,one 20 amp was ok,the other was 5 amp and was blown..changed it and still the same,,it clicks when i put live to the fans and they work then,but still no closer to finding out whats wrong..could it be dodgy sensor in thermostat housing??