VR6 Highline - Restoration Project Help

Hi Im Philip I have a P reg VR6 Highline all original in Black owned for 2 years - Its been off the road for a year waiting for me to get around to a huge list of work it failed an MOT on to get back on the road 

First job I wanted to tackle is the combined no ABS / Airbag light working on ignition key turn or start up .. I took the dashboard light out and it was not connected at the rear and thought great ! plug it in it will work .. No not the case .. I tested the two bulbs they have a circuit so they are not broken .. the brakes all work fine having new pads, discs all round and the ABS works when you brake hard on a slippy surface.. does anyone have any advice on where I should look next to resolve this ? 

Much appreciated

Philip

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the club Philip.

The first thing i would be doing is getting it plugged into vagcom and see what fault codes it throws up.

ABS fault could mean a number of things.

ABS sensors faulty

ABS rings corroded

ABS pump Faulty

ABS module Faulty etc etc. 

Get it plugged in to see what codes come up.....

Hi thanks for the message will any garage computer diagnostics show the fault codes or does it have to be a Vagcom tester?

Best regards

Phil

Its always going to be best with Vagcom. You can actually buy cheap copy vagcom leads off ebay but if you use one dont let it connect to the internet or they will brick your cable.