Still not got to the bottom of this !

The coolant temp gauge tends to sit just above 90 degrees however goes up to 100 degrees after a longish run. Oil sits at 94 degrees

When it goes up to 100 degrees it seems to be because the fans haven't kicked in. 

However I am running a brand new genuine thermostat and low temp fan switch http://www.awesomegti.com/neuspeed-1...witch-8-170-03
The FCM seems to be working well ( I have put a feed to the rad sensor and both speeds operate )

The sensors in the thermostat housing are brand new genuine.

All pipes get hot, water pump was new a few years ago and can see the coolant in header tank being circulated so seems fine, no coolant leaks, New headgasket, had multiple coolant flushes using G12 diluted 50:50, new oil cooler.

Absolutely stumped as to whats going wrong, think its fan related but not sure whats a miss

Spoken to Vince at stealth racing again today , he thinks it will be the main water pump so i have just ordered up a new pump and bolt set which should be here next week.

He said the plastic impeller which is only pressed onto the pumps shaft can slip causing it to fail when systems under pressure.

Edited by rsweeney
  • 4 weeks later...

I replaced the water pump with a Firstline pump - metal impeller. previous one was actually ok.

Managed to get Plugged into diagnostics and read live data of the coolant temp, which read 84 when the dash reading was towards 95-100.

Fans kicked in consistently at 90 and brought temps down to 84, no overheating.

So I need a new coolant gauge!

I replaced the water pump with a Firstline pump - metal impeller. previous one was actually ok.

Managed to get Plugged into diagnostics and read live data of the coolant temp, which read 84 when the dash reading was towards 95-100.

Fans kicked in consistently at 90 and brought temps down to 84, no overheating.

So I need a new coolant gauge!

coolant gauge or sensor?