Hi guys,

Just after a bit of help with my VR. It's running really bad at the moment but can't get it plugged in. I'm in Stockport but the car is down in Southampton at the moment. It starts fine but the revs at idle are going up and down all the time and sometimes goes so low it nearly stalls then the revs go back up.

It cuts out when it's warm and I took it out for a little drive last night to see if it would clear any rubbish through but as I'm driving I can see the headlights etc getting dim then bright even when I'm driving steady. It will also stall itself and will struggle to start after that. It sounds a bit tappy which could be completely unrelated. Sometimes it's really smokey too when it starts up and last night there looked like a fair bit of white smoke although it was cold and the car wasn't warm.

It's OBD2 in a mk2 if that makes any difference?

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

Ollie

I know mate, that's the trouble. I just found it weird that the lights would dim as it's still revving while driving. I've ordered a new blue temp sensor today anyway and I'm pretty sure that the MAF is good because I fitted it with a recon unit before I took it off the road. I'll keep you updated