24v turbo advice needed

hi guys im going to be using this page as an advice/build thread for a turbo build for my jetta coupe

the car in question

10277043_10152130570550945_3401294052227

coupe-chris_zpsryrv2veq.jpg

as you can see i've already converted it to 24v

i've decided on a power goal of 400bhp, i want the thing to still be useable for going to the shops etc

the current  spec of what i want/have is 

2.8 bde lump with only 60k (have)

mk5 r32 cylinder head with mk4 cams and chains etc (have)

1mm head spacer

q7 big end bearings

arp rod bolts

modified timing chain tensioner?

eurowise shallow sump 

mk5 r32 oil pump

yes i know my list is missing vitals like turbo etc but i want to concerntrate on doing it in stages

so my couple of questions to start with is,

im sure i have seen somewhere modified guides or tensioner for use with headspacers, who sold these?

anyone got the part number for q7 rod bearings?

thanx in advance 

barry

ARP and a spacer will comfortably handle that amount of power if your engine is sound - tensioner depends on the thickness/compression of the set up;

http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/topic/41681-vr6-turbo-question-spacer/

Both thickness and number are different for the VR/R32 studs, this is a very low boost set-up/goal so why fork out for things like R32 head when it's not needed?

P.S. Someone asked me to price up the main parts for such a set up but at a more reasonable cost than is usually found - £1500-2k or so for the main parts if you're interestd in what I suggested?

Stick with the 2.8, cams/ecu functions etc are all same BDE/BFH, you'll need 034's stud set, spacer ARP, consumables - good to go!

Edited by RBPE

i got the r32 head for a steal hence why im using it

Yah but now you've got to fork out for modifying it, the money would've been better spent on parts for what you have - even swirl/porting basic info isn't really needed until after 650hp on these engines.

Quick lesson in headology for these engines - i.e. VR/R32: