Can anyone tell me how to go about remapping an obd1 i have looked for the conector plug behind the cig lighter only to find 2 plugs each with 2 pins, as this car needs to be remapped as it lacks torq doesnt start pulling till atleast 3500 4000 rpm, also any places you could recommend would be good south yorkshire area as im there once a month.

hi mate, you cant map either ODB1 or 2 via that port and i believe the 1 doesnt even have one? the chip needs to be pulled and reflashed. vince at stealth (http://stealthracing.co.uk/) is recommended but you will need to visit after each major mod £250-300 a pop! otherwise go standalone £500-1200 (megasquirt - lugtronic PNP)

good luck

steve

mine didnt pull well either until those rpm's so afaik thats usual (until i schricked it, 210llb\ft @ 4k!)

Edited by ssaunders
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, i drove from down south to him. no more than half a day on the rollers so if you set out early only a day. i would say make sure that the car is in tip-top condition before you go, its a long way to go to find out when you get there that there is an issue. i would do a service first, plugs leads oil and filters etc. 

in my experience the VR is sluggish lowdown, mine only felt nice to drive after cams, schrick etc.. i was expecting more from a 2.8 V6 and at the last RR day at stealth that i went to a pissy fiesta st pulled more than a lot of cars +200hp and tq!

good luck

s