Hi ive just joined to ..ive had a vr for 5 years now ..i wouldnt want any other car ..watch out for around 120.000 mies ..headgasket sometimes goes ..i noticed a tiny amount of water loss on mine out of expansion tank hole .turned out head gasket ..put a bmc carbon induction kit on it and thats it ..no need for a stereo lol ..i havent put stereo on in my car in 5 years lol :)

Hi ive just joined to ..ive had a vr for 5 years now ..i wouldnt want any other car ..watch out for around 120.000 mies ..headgasket sometimes goes ..i noticed a tiny amount of water loss on mine out of expansion tank hole .turned out head gasket ..put a bmc carbon induction kit on it and thats it ..no need for a stereo lol ..i havent put stereo on in my car in 5 years lol :)

Hi and welcome to the club.

Have you any pictures of your motor??

Its a five door that I should be getting. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the lad will part with it next month!

It's currently owned by a mechanic, has had plenty of work done to it to make it look prettier / resolve any issuues. and there are just a few more things needed to be done so it will be back on the road again (been off for three years as a project/do it upper). I would just need to get the paintwork sorted out.

Normally I wouldnt touch a car thats a do-it-upper but I trust the lad and his father-in-law. Having seen the care and quality that has gone in to fixing him up, I know it will be a safe one to buy.

Well, the rep of VW and my previous experiences of VW's goes a long way too.

(If the current owner is a member here: im sorry you are reading about this while on holiday!)

Its a five door that I should be getting. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the lad will part with it next month!

It's currently owned by a mechanic, has had plenty of work done to it to make it look prettier / resolve any issuues. and there are just a few more things needed to be done so it will be back on the road again (been off for three years as a project/do it upper). I would just need to get the paintwork sorted out.

Normally I wouldnt touch a car thats a do-it-upper but I trust the lad and his father-in-law. Having seen the care and quality that has gone in to fixing him up, I know it will be a safe one to buy.

Well, the rep of VW and my previous experiences of VW's goes a long way too.

(If the current owner is a member here: im sorry you are reading about this while on holiday!)

Excellent sounds great ...

Its a work in progress :) its totally standard ..just bmc air filter ..thats it .wouldnt want any other car :)

Don't they make an awesome growl with a BMC on!! Haha.

Well it certainly looks like a cleanish one.

You have to sort your little issues out and get it along to some shows.