expert advise needed!

i know all you guys on here are the bollocks, so who beta to ask?

when i am driving my 92 vr6 i am having problems, basically when i hit 5000 rpm my car wont go any faster! it basically holds back! its like this in every gear, and is now startin to piss me off!!! going to vw is not an option for a little while as i work loads and cant get the car there. Can ne one help me with ideas?

Jay

A VAG-COM is an aftermarket bit of kit that VW enthusiasts use to diagnose their cars - it basically does the same thing as what a real VW dealership computer diagnostic machine does (otherwise know as a vag-1551). You plug it into the diagnostics port behind the dash on your VW and it tells you whats wrong.

The kit consists of a special lead that allows you to connect your laptop computer to your cars diagnostic socket. You run the Windows software that comes with the lead, and it scans the car for faults and shows them on screen.

http://www.ross-tech.com/

I have one - as do many others on here - and its an invaluable bit of kit.

Its the first thing that needs doing if you suspect a problem - otherwise you are into just replacing random parts until you find the real cause.

Saved me hundreds.....!

Jules

i know all you guys on here are the bollocks' date=' so who beta to ask?

when i am driving my 92 vr6 i am having problems, basically when i hit 5000 rpm my car wont go any faster! it basically holds back! its like this in every gear, and is now startin to piss me off!!! going to vw is not an option for a little while as i work loads and cant get the car there. Can ne one help me with ideas?

Jay[/quote']

If your Fault code check comes out OK then further places to look would be valve timing (specially if the problem started after head or timing chain work) or possibly your cat has gone into melt down causing a restriction at high rpm's.

Vince