As a few of you peeps seem to have or have had the 17x8 RH ZW1 alloys on your vr`s can anyone tell me if they are an easy fit ie no probs with fouling struts or arches etc? I am intending to lower the car at the same time on coilovers, prob fk konigsports? any body used this combo and encountered any problems? any advice would be good i dont want to buy into a load of agro !shy

Yeah I'm running the same combo and may others are too. Not sure how much mine is lowered but I do get a wee bit of rubbing here and there (not too much thou) but thats due to having 215/40/17 tyres. If your going low then you will need to have your arches sorted. Hope that helps

Cheers dub-weiser, i dont want to go toooo low as its unpractical were i live! speed bump city! i am still unsure wether to run 215 40`s or stick to 205`s? i dont want the euro stretched look and on 8 j rims they may be a bit narrow? and want some rim protection!! where do your 215`s touch? and is it only on enthusiastic cornering etc? thanks for any help.

it rubs just on the inside of the arch (I have the plastic one's on mine maybe thats why) at high speeds on motorway for example when theres a slight bump in the road, and ever so slightly when cornering non agressively. I would prefer to have 205's compared to 215. If your interested maybe you can take mine off me so PM me.

its not too horendous then! if its only a bit then i wouldnt be too bothered and coulod live with it!, my highline obviously dosnt have the extra arches so maybe it would have a little more clearance? i dont want the car in the weeds anyway just a nice stance and not be able to park another vr under the front arches! like you can at the minute! i will pm you to discuss poss having your rims?

doh!!! thought you were getting rid of the wheels!!! no probs i am in the process of aquiring mine at the minute, dunno how much they will be? but they are a lot cheaper than they used to be! especially if they come from germany direct! i will put new tyres on when i get them so will decide on size then.

Your best bet id to get 205's, dont worry about a stretch, they hardly stretch at all and I dont really call mine stretched.. If your going coilovers, you can easily expperiement with heights and what height suits you best! Yo can go an easy 30/40mm and be fine!

WASTEOFTIME001.jpg

Thats a 205, I thin it was a Yoko!

Dont get Toyo's, they wear too fast for how they perform.. They are defo not as great as they are often made out to be, or maybe I drive to hard.. The toyos are more like a 45 profile rather than 40.. I have Toyo's on the rear, did have them on the front before I got my 195's and they are too FAT..

Cheers for the pic looks like that tyres come into contact with the arch a few times!!!, i have been looking at the arches and with 205x50 15`s on standard suspension there is loads of room, like you say i can juggle with the settings on coilovers and get a good balance of look to clearance! trial and error but i am definately getting those rims even if i have to compromise on the height a little it will still handle well enough.

cheers for that, i am just getting all jitery about buying the zw1`s as i am worried about fouling on the arches, dont know wether to just get bbs rx`s instead as they are 7.5 and i know they will clear, but i really like the rh alloys!!!! arghhhh, decisions! could be an expensive mistake if it goes wonky!! not too sure about running the 205`s with the stretch? :@ does it affect handling? :o i only want to buy once! without modding arches etc, i dont intend to go really low, so in theory 50mm would give a nice stance and i should??? be ok, thanks to everyone who has chipped in on this, all will be revealed sooooon!

• 2 weeks later...