Defo bv head, not sure wether ported and flowed. Original work on head was possibly by schrick too.

It was a major piece of kit back in its day, even has nothelle badges on the shocks so they really went to town on it, hence £10k above cost of a standard vr from new!

Edited by Bealieboy
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like their style! During the call they were interested in getting the car running as apposed to talking Monopoly money rebuilds! I was quoted £8k for nuclear blast proof rebuild by George Martin ra

New Pistons at circa £200 a set and labour the same! Just typical vr costs really! To be fair tim'll only replace what needs replacing. It was only rebuilt 30k miles ago.

The element of suprise...retro..oak....that's all I dare say

• 4 weeks later...

No news then?????

Its having a full service next visit and tim is going to go through all the vacuum hoses etc to make sure they're all ok, remove the lpg system which should never have been fitted and perform a leak down test. I'll also be praying to anyone that'll listen that the work done this visit will increase the compression on the cylinder that's been bore washing.

Then probs the 3rd visit will be a strip down and rebuild of the engine as required!

Really odd, it's got a standard exh. manifold?!

The head is definitely bv ported and flowed plus cams by schrick.

As you say, he'll probs do the leak down first. He was keen to get a new set of plugs in though?! He said, it's not dreadful, hence the service I suppose?!

• 3 weeks later...

The Nothelle has landed back with the phirm today for the first proper remedial visit. This is going to determine what I do with the car in the near future.

I'm having a wobble with it again and am considering passing it on as two mk3's is a bit much...., in hindsight and I've still got a bit more spending to do on the green goddess!

Edited by Bealieboy
  • 2 weeks later...