Ina tappets ? Lifters help advice please

Hi all I've got a rebuilt head minus lifters and I've also got a set of 268 cams going in , question is should I use new lifters or use the old ones .

The lifters have done around 115,000 miles

If I do need new lifters I'd like to use ina ones so where's the best / cheapest place to get them ?

Ebay sell them for 76 quid for 12

Any advice apriciated

I'd fit new ones if it was me,  I think you can re use them but i'm a bit anal so tend to fit new stuff when possible.  I also buy them from ebay, Seller Unit15, they sell some good parts.  I also haggled the price of them down a bit as i was buying one of their new vr6 blocks at the same time.

Thanks for the info i did read that actually , i font think they will give a warremty unless you buy new tappets aswell !

As for the rev limiter its staying on so i can run standard springs and tappets as i read that upgraded springs cause a lot more wear on valvetrain , ill be runnng a schrick and big port throttle aswell so hopefully wont need to rev that high , ill be down at stealth next weekend so can always ask them then

hi, the Cams are top end ones, the Mani will replace some of the low torque that the cams lose. when Vince tunes it he will probably raise the limit but only to a safe setting, with 263's (new oem followers) and a schrick mine revs to about 7k (whick is still to low as i seem to get there bloody quickly!)

good luck

steve

Cheers man , yea the schrick starts pulling at about 1500 to 4000 but then runs out of breath , hopefully with the cams coming in at 4 to thd limit and the big port throttle it should be ok , im only raising the limiter to a very safe point as i dont want to shag the valves up , just ordered the new ina tappets today so they will get submerged in oil for a few weeks before they get fitted