Hi guys. Will be rebuilding my rear beam soon and I'd like to do away with the brake proportioning valve. Obviously I can't bypass it straight as all kinds of hell would break loose.

So I'm guessing I have two options

1. Fit an OBD2 abs set up, as I believe they do without the valve.. For reasons I'm not sure.

2. Fit an in-line aftermarket valve. Unsure if I can do this. What's everyone's thoughts?

Almost certain mine is broken after countless attempt to bleed rear brakes a few months back.

Opinions appreciated:)

In-line valve something like this..

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/brake-proportioning-valves/wilwood-brake-proportioning-valve-screw-knob-adjustment

Edited by Cooz93

That looks quite a good piece of kit. Consider this though. The bias valve that was on your beam was able to compensate when weight was placed in the rear of the car to brake harder on the rear as and when required. Take the weight out, the valve would compensate for that and apply the brakes accordingly.

How would you guesstimate how to adjust yours manually? Trial and error?

I'm not knocking it, I'm just asking a question.

Ye that a good point mate. I see where your coming from. I do intend to use the car as a track/weekend motor so the back seats are more than likely going to be missing.. I guess this would solve the issue of adjusting for differences in weight?

What you reckon?

Yes mate. I'd probably have it somewhere in spare wheel well/boot so it's 1. Protected 2. Easily accessible. Running new brake lines anyway so redirecting them shouldn't be an issue!

Yes that would be ok but What about if you mounted it on the gearbox tunnel to the rear of the handbrake cables? You might want to have a tinker whilst trackside. It would be a pita having to stop to adjust?

Ye that would work well. Would be good to have it adjustable within cockpit. Just thinking about how fuel levels would affect the weight across the back. Do you think it would need adjusting between a full tank and low fuel Due to weight difference?

Ye that would work well. Would be good to have it adjustable within cockpit. Just thinking about how fuel levels would affect the weight across the back. Do you think it would need adjusting between a full tank and low fuel Due to weight difference?

I would imagine a tweak is all that would be required for the fuel usage. Perhaps if you've got a passenger on board, maybe then it would need some minor adjustment.

After speaking to a guy at work who's done pretty much what I'm after on his track nova, I'm pretty confident it will work. As long as I amn't carrying big loads and get it set up correctly.

One question, on the obd1 master cylinder or abs module are there two outlets for rear brakes or just one? As the adjustable valves only have one inlet and one outlet so I'd possibly have to join the two lines at either side?

Or block off one feed pipe at the cylinder/Abs module and have a single line in? I'd have a look but my cars down at the lock up:(

After speaking to a guy at work who's done pretty much what I'm after on his track nova, I'm pretty confident it will work. As long as I amn't carrying big loads and get it set up correctly.

One question, on the obd1 master cylinder or abs module are there two outlets for rear brakes or just one? As the adjustable valves only have one inlet and one outlet so I'd possibly have to join the two lines at either side?

Or block off one feed pipe at the cylinder/Abs module and have a single line in? I'd have a look but my cars down at the lock up:(

Give me a few mins and I'll have a look and see what I've got, mines obd2 though.

Cheers for that. I'm guessing 2 pipes come out of the abs module. Would it affect the abs if I T-pieced it down to a single line then split it again after the new valve? I could see it having an affect if there was some form of traction control as they wouldn't be able to work independently but abs won't be a problem?

I've just ditched my Teves02 system and fitted a teves20, this does away with the rear compensator.  My car is OBD1 and i'm quite sure the ABS doesn't affect that as its all independant.

I now have 2 rear lines that go straight to each caliper, so each rear wheel is individually controlled.