Hi guys, got a bit of a dilema...

My standard VR rims are SERIOUSLY kerbed and messed up thanks to one previous lady owner (apologies to our lady members ;) )... so I now have 2 options - get mine refurbished (finding this to be stupidly expensive and hard to come by in scotland) or buy a new set of alloys...

Now, if I get new alloys, I want no bigger than 16" with a very slim tyre wall so as not to affect my acceleration at all. Nobody's selling a set of wheels by any chance? ;)

So what do you all reckon?

Typical.... You never ask the right people do you?? B)

There is a Refurb place in Cambuslang, Glasgow that will machine, true up, paint etc for around £25 per wheel....And the comeback as new, if not better than, also you can change the colour to what ever you fancy. He's been there for around 30 years and does a superb job. My mate had his done for his Scooby and you couldn't tell he'd been there!! The answer is yes before you ask, he does remove the wheel from the tyre and refit + balance when finished. Look up wheel refurb on Yell.com there you will find it and the guy is very helpful! Also a place on Great Western Rd, Glasgow called Auto Image, and Finally a place called Drivers also on Gt Western Rd.

To "Ingham"..

Where are you located?

Regards

28v6r

First off guys, sorry for not replying earlier - but I haven't been able to get into the site for a coupla days?...

Anyways... a big thanks to 2.8VR - cheers mate, I take it you're from around that way? out west? Can you remember the name of the guy in cambuslang, can't see anything on yell?... thanks though mate, think I'll probably go down that route, get the std ones refurbed but may still but a new set as a second set :)

Thanks for mentioning the anthracite ones available matey, but if I buy a new set of wheels they'll need to be silver - purely personal preference! But thanks all the same :)

Thanks for the replys folks - appreciate it :)