Lowering advice

I done mine when I done my engine swap so it was easy without the front end being on. But I'd say the easiest way of doing it with the front end on would be to unbolt the engine from the mount find a drill a millimetre or 2 bigger than the bolt and drill the centre of the puck. I used a flat bottom wood drill. Next get your trolley jack with a chock of wood on the sump and lift the front of the engine just enough to slide the puck in between the cross member and engine mount. Put the bolt through the top of the mount and slowly drop the engine back into place. Don't drop the engine fully though because you'll probably have to give the engine a bit of a wiggle to get the bolt to bite on the thread. Remember you'll need a longer bolt though. About an inch longer than the original should do

I done mine when I done my engine swap so it was easy without the front end being on. But I'd say the easiest way of doing it with the front end on would be to unbolt the engine from the mount find a drill a millimetre or 2 bigger than the bolt and drill the centre of the puck. I used a flat bottom wood drill. Next get your trolley jack with a chock of wood on the sump and lift the front of the engine just enough to slide the puck in between the cross member and engine mount. Put the bolt through the top of the mount and slowly drop the engine back into place. Don't drop the engine fully though because you'll probably have to give the engine a bit of a wiggle to get the bolt to bite on the thread. Remember you'll need a longer bolt though. About an inch longer than the original should do

Brilliant i might try and conquer it on weekend
  • 1 month later...