Coolant leak at front of engine - Anyone had this?

I've started to get massive coolant loss from the front of the engine in the area photographed here:

oilcooler.jpg

It only happens at high revs.

There's so much water coming out under pressure and spattering everywhere that it's hard to tell where the leak is, but it seems to be centred around the oil filter housing (!?!?). I've removed and checked the hoses going to the oil cooler and these are OK. The plastic coolant transfer pipe (just visible at the top right of this pic) seems to be intact too.

It could be the oil cooler itself, but I'm worried it could be coming out of the engine block.

Has anyone else had a coolant leak in this area? If so, what did it turn out to be?

Cabrio is off the road x) until this is fixed, so any help greatly appreciated!!

maybe get a garage to do a coolant pressure test whilst you watch....shoudl be easier to see precisely where its comin from. i wouldn't expect it to be out the block if you have no running probs, so don't worry too much.

I've got the same sort of problem, i loose coolant at hi revs but am not able to see where the leak is, mine is at the front near the fans (the pipe there i think B) ) i think when the engine gets hot the rubber expands and a hair line crack appears and releases small amounts of coolant. Its a whitey greenish gushy liqud.. But haven't been able to fix it but been driving the car as its a very very slow lose of coolant !sad

if you have ever done a thermostat housing your self your see how shit the seals are!everything is sealed with a rubber ring and if youve got a slight pinch in it the water loss gets worse and worse,i had my chains done and it wasnt put back right,ive got all the collant plastic pipes out the car at the mo,including the thermostat housing,i had water in the same place as you and it was the seal on the end of the black tube that runs from the thermostat housing along the front of the engine to the waterpump,if i figure how to up load pics ill post them.