depends, were they standard halfords ones, or genuine vw ones from your local dealers.

o.e. vw ones are best for the majority of owners. if you do overheat them (as i do), then you'll have to look at uprated ones. i've got pagid on standard discs myself.

I am running green stuff front and rear with braded all round, and have a sh1t hot pedal, and it locks up if i sneeze too loudly :P

Did concider the 4 pot brembo route, but didn`t want to take it to far, so iv`e left the brembos to my track car. Instead i`m putting TT 312 callipers ect on at the weekend, so that will be interesting.

I highly recomend EBC Green`s, i even use them on my track car, and they stand up to a whole day`s punishment, and the drive home with a decent pedal.. All i normaly do is blead the system when i get back to work..

...Jamie, are you shure the EBC is the problem?? have you looked else where?? What version pad are you running?? V 4 is the best. If you have a good bite but poor pedal, it`s probably the rear.. :)

Brought some of these bad boys from AMD for mine' date=' put them on the car and came to put the wheel on and they wouldn't fit so had to take em back. Gutted! &|

[img']vr6oc_files/public/brembo1.jpg

[ brembo1.jpg ]

I did exactly the same, but at least my car wae at AMD so they put the EBC stuff on. I was well gutted cos they were the only things i really wanted doing. &|

I dont know what version pads i'm running speedo. I went out in the car this morning & there was terrible juddering from the brakes & it'd only been stood over nite. I'm gonna bleed the system in the next week & see if that helps. The rears are new with only about 4000 miles on them. (standard vw discs & pads)

How noisy are your brakes speedo? Mine make a really loud grating/grinding noise when i'm slowing down from above 50mph. The discs don't seem to be scored or warped & there's plenty of pad left, this is more of a problem than the feel of the brakes as i don't know whats causing it. Is it normal?

Mine are noisey, but not that noisey, mainly noticable with the window open.

As for your judder, how old are the front? Have you got a stiky caliper, causing a poor pedal and now over heated disc/ judder.

From past experience, mine have taken a LOT of abuse and are still judder free.

I`d strip yours down and check whats causing grinding noise. Mine kinda moan at slow speeds...