Hi all,

Just entered the exciting world of owning a '96 VR6 and the first thing I need to do is sort the sounds out, as the standard stuff just isn't doing anything for me.

Whats the general view of good sounding setup in a 3dr VR6 for a

infinity ref 6500 components are pretty good in this enviroment, although it all depends on your musical tastes, and no doubt others on here will offer different advice. you can pick the infinities up for around 70-80 pounds so that leaves you a little over to either buy a half decent head unit, or a small sub/amp combo if you already have a decent h/u!

Cheers for the replies.

I already have a Kenwood 4 channel amp, which is rated at about 50w rms for each channnel, and 2 pretty old HU's to choose from, a Kenwood 7080R or Sony M500R. Not sure which to use yet.

Music wise, I would be playing mainly dance music and like a tight punchy bass sound, rather than rumbling bass. Ideally I would listen to some speakers in the shops, but obviously some best ones arent always available!

the head unit makes or brakes an install 3 x 6.5v pre outs will make the most of any amps ( the more voltage u can give ur amps the more they have got to work with) although 3 x 5v is nearly as good iv just bought a set of infinity reference 6500s and jbl gto coaxials the gerbils r a touch louder but the infintys sound a little better theyr both bloody good though loud as hell and sweet as

im currently running pioneer deh-p9600 h/u 2 amps running 4x75 watts rms to the main speakers and 1x250 watts rms into 1 12" pioneer sub (have a 250 watt channel spare to connect another sub but like the boot space and the balanced sound) and all in all love the sound

Thanks for the info.

I think I will get some decent components up front first. Will give the Infinity 6500's a listen although I've read they can be a bit bright at times? I can run them and a sub off my amp. Can always upgrade the amp later if a bit more power is needed.

Only problem is, I'm not sure I want to lose a load of boot space to a sub!

Only problem is' date=' I\'m not sure I want to lose a load of boot space to a sub!

[/quote']

Try this link:... www.autoacoustics.co.uk they do a sub enclosure to fit behind the rear wheel arch in the boot.