my friends just finished building his mk 2 20vt and i went with him to get it mapped the other day and its got 225 lbs/ft mines only 178. i had a little go against him the othe day and its got the edge over my vr and i dont like it ne suggestions on how to get that little bit more....

scrick/ 248 degree cams for torque, but a schrick with 268 cams will be better suited as you will loose that bit of top end...

when we had the group buy, some ppl bought the 248's and the majority wished they had gone for the 268's. in all honestly, a chipped 20vt has more torque than you can shake a stick at!`

248s are forced induction cams, no good for NA cars i would have thought. The higher the degree of the cam, the torquer they will be.

All the suggestions above, ie cams/schrick manifold etc, won't get you anywhere near 225lb/ft and will cost you a fortune....you're better off getting a charger if you want more power/torque.

248s are forced induction cams' date=' no good for NA cars i would have thought. The higher the degree of the cam, the torquer they will be.

All the suggestions above, ie cams/schrick manifold etc, won't get you anywhere near 225lb/ft and will cost you a fortune....you're better off getting a charger if you want more power/torque.

[/quote']

sorry, was wrong degree cams :)

248s are forced induction cams' date=' no good for NA cars i would have thought. The higher the degree of the cam, the torquer they will be.[/quote']

The 248s are better suited for FI but they can still be used for NA purposes as 248 is still wilder than the stock VR cams.

The higher the degree doesn't always mean more torque....it means the torque band is shifted further up the rev range.

All the suggestions above' date=' ie cams/schrick manifold etc, won't get you anywhere near 225lb/ft and will cost you a fortune....you're better off getting a charger if you want more power/torque.

[/quote']

In agreement there. I sold my 268s, Schrick manny and throttle etc as it just didn't give what I was hoping it would. A turbo or supercharger is much better value.

Guest 20vturbo

ok cookie did try bless him but my car is striped out BIG intercooler and running 14psi .but he did have a 12"pizza as a co poilt. may of slowed him down a bit.but as i said to him i love the sound of his vr and thats why you buy a vr. i could be wrong but any one who owns a vr will agree.