can i run a headspacer on a N/A vr6 engine until i supercharge it?

sorry for the questions chaps, i don't come on here a lot. but the information i get is great! (as you know my vr6 headgasket is going)

i will be super-charging in the future - stage 2!

i know from vince @ stelath racing that its ok to run a standard headgasket on my stage 2 supercharger when eventually fitted. but for peace of mind i want to lower the compression, is it just a thicker metal gasket over the standard gasket? guess it will be ok to run it N/A for a while??

also where is best place to buy one?

kind regards

Edited by cpfcvr6

yes you can run n/a with spacer plate. Ebay.de is the cheapest place to buy one once you have decided how thick you need it to be.

stage 2 supercharger running 10 psi, i have no idea what one i need??

does this just fit with the normal headgasket?

To run a spacer you need the multi layered metal head gasket which you then split and sandwich the plate between the two outers

thanks lukey, i thought initially the reinz headgasket could be split!!

whats the best multi layered headgasket that people use?? do not want cheap crap!! any links?

Edited by cpfcvr6

VW headgasket I would imagine 2mm would be fine but I don't know enough about it tbh I had one think it was 2.5mm but I was going to run a turbo.

vince at stealth said its up to me, could possibly get away with it! but for peace of mind as its got to come off i may aswell do it!

where do i get a proper good metal headgasket and spacer from??

Hmm so you get a bit more power by lowering the compression and running N.A?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You shouldn't usually, I had a fresh engine build which probably helped built at stealth, also had wossner pistons for good measure lol.

Theory of lowering compression still remains.

Club Chairman