Ive owned my vr and loved every minute of it for the last 6 months and enjoyed replacing worn out parts and doing the headgasket. Problem is now im getting a little power hungrey. Its currently running a 6 branch and a over the top home made 3" exhaust straight through and sporting a k&n. Ive read up alot on turboing vr's but felt that to do it right the price spirreled out of control very quickly by the time you fit a good gt35 garret and a spa exhaust manifold. So started looking at the supercharged route. Spoke to a company today called ns tunning who can provide me with a super charger kit which "contains every thing" software and hardware to bolt up and be running a basic vortech kit. This sounds tempting and I know there are other bits required like oil coolers and water injection. But here is my question ns tuning said that you can run the charger on a standard engine without the use of a spacer plate. Now is that relly true as I was under the impression that you need a spacer plate if your going over 6psi? Im thinking of going straight dowb the path of running a 8psi pully. Surley this will need a spacer plate?

Sorry for the massive story.

You can run a turbo at 7psi without a spacer plate so I would assume a supercharger with little nit more should be ok but if your thinking about reliability then add one anyway as sooner or later you will want more bOOOOOOOst